College Application Process
Instructions for using the Common Application [PDF]when applying to colleges and universities.
1. OBTAIN: College applications for Michigan colleges are in the Counselors Office. You must request applications from out-of-town colleges. Mailing addresses on the college web sites.
2. SUBMIT: Completed college applications to the counseling secretary in your school.
3. ATTEND: A senior meeting with your counselors. (Check on meeting dates)
4. APPLICATION CHECK LIST:
- Request letters of recommendations if needed. Allow two weeks for completion.
- Complete them neatly: edit thoroughly for errors.
- Sign and date applications.
- Attach Check for required fees.
- Include an envelope with 2-3 stamps for each application.
- Prepare a personal profile for your counselor.
- Transcript - please see the Transcript page for insturctions.
Note: The counseling office will send the official transcript, test scores with all college and scholarship applications and provide a return address on envelope.
5. ALLOW: 4-12 weeks for responses from most in-state colleges.
6. CHECK OUT!: College Night at Schoolcraft, Financial Aid Night at P-CEP, and visit College Representatives in the Career Centers. (Check on posted dates in Career Centers)
7. MAIL: Financial Aid Forms (FASFA) Check the Scholarship Bulletin Board weekly during the year.