Course Test Out
- Passing the test places students in the next level of the subject area (if the subject is sequential like Math or World Language, etc).
- Passing earns credit; but does not count toward 22 credits required for graduation.
- Passing is determined by a score of 80% or better.
- If a student does not pass the test out for a course that is required for graduation, they must take that course on schedule with their graduation year classmates. For example: U.S. History & Geography is a 10th grade class, students can take the test out prior to 10th grade and if they do not pass by the start of their 10th grade year, they must take the course as a 10th grade student. Students may attempt as many tests per session as they’d like (they can take English 9, Algebra 2 and Geophysical Science in the spring, for example)
- P-CEP does not loan textbooks to students to study for Test Outs. Several courses have online textbooks - see the PDF files listed below.
- P-CEP does not publish or provide practice tests for students to prepare. Please see the PDF files listed below for the course expectations.
Please click here to view a schedule of the dates Test Outs are offered in 2013. Tests are organized by subject area - for example, the test out for Algebra 1 will be offered during the "Math" subject.
Test Out Guides
- Computer Applications [PDF]
- Personal Fitness [PDF]
- English 9 [PDF]
- English 10 [PDF]
- Health [PDF]
- Biology [PDF]
- Chemistry [PDF]
- Geophysical Science [PDF]
- Physics [PDF]
- Algebra 1 [PDF]
- Geometry [PDF]
- Algebra 2 [PDF]
- PreCalc [PDF]
- World History & Geography [PDF]
- U.S. History & Geography [PDF]
- Political & Economic Systems Civics [PDF]
- Political & Economic Systems Economics [PDF]
- Intro to Art [PDF]